Each year, NAEA hosts a Fly-in Day as a means for our members to meet with their elected representatives to discuss important issues that affect the business and practice of enrolled agents. Our Fly-in is an opportunity for the EA community to join together and:
- Campaign personally for issues of interest to all EAs.
- Raise our profile with legislative decision-makers.
- Gain first-hand knowledge of public advocacy.
Each Fly-in Day includes:
- Advocacy training and a briefing on NAEA’s public policy agenda.
- Personal meetings with congressional staff and Members of Congress.
- A debriefing reception and an opportunity to network with other NAEA members.
This year's Fly-in Day took place on Wednesday, May 17, 2017. Advocacy training for the Fly-in Day took place the night before, on Tuesday, May 16, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City.
Photos from the 2016 NAEA Fly-in can be found on the NAEA Facebook page (Sets 1 and 2). Photos from the 2015 (Sets 1, 2 and 3), 2014 (Sets 1, 2 and 3) and 2013 (Sets 1, 2 and 3) Fly-ins can also be found on the NAEA Facebook page.
Please look out for the registration email in late January or by mid-February 2018 if you would like to apply to participate in next year's NAEA Fly-in advocacy activities.
Should you have any questions relating to this year's upcoming Fly-in, please contact Justin Edwards, NAEA's Associate Director, Government Relations, by phone at (202) 822-NAEA (6232) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).