In-House Audit Representative
TaxAudit.com is a nationwide organization that provides tax audit defense, tax advice and educational services. We are a strong, fast-paced, forward-thinking company with a diverse and dynamic membership base that includes a wide variety of taxpayers and other tax professionals. We have strategic alliances with major publicly-traded companies and provide their customers with tax related services. TaxAudit.com is #1 in our space with a 20+ year history of continued growth.
We strive to provide a positive member experience and to minimize the stress involved in dealing with tax authorities. Our Representatives embody these goals with patience, professionalism, and sincerity.
The primary benefit our members receive is Audit Representation for any income tax audit commenced during their period of membership. This includes handling all aspects of communication, from the receipt of the audit notice through the appeals hearing following the submission of a U.S. Tax Court Petition. Our intention is to provide our members with the highest level of representation available, and our goal is that they should never have to meet with the IRS.
We are looking for full-time, highly motivated In-House Audit Representatives who will provide excellent tax advice and expertise to our members while working alongside some of the most knowledgeable tax experts in the field.
- Manage federal and state tax audit defense case load, which includes:
o Working with the taxpayer to assist in gathering documents and information
o Organizing documents and preparing response packages for submission to IRS and state taxing authorities
o Drafting correspondence
o Discussing cases and tax law with IRS and state agents
- Provide support work on team members’ audit cases
- Must retain ACTIVE credentials for: EA, CPA, or Attorney
- Minimum 3 – 6 years of tax experience
- Extensive knowledge of tax laws
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly in the explanation of tax-related issues
- Customer Service oriented with a high level of professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Extended use of the computer, keying and mousing for significant portions of the work day
TaxAudit.com offers competitive pay, extraordinary benefits, and a casual dress code environment.
To find out more about our company and our job opportunities, and to apply online, please visit our website at http://jobs.taxaudit.com.