Washington, DC — Each year, the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) recognizes the achievements of its members and volunteers with its awards program. The Awards committee has once more asked NAEA members to nominate individuals who have demonstrated significant contributions to the association and the enrolled agent (EA) profession.
“Some of our members put their blood, sweat and tears into supporting NAEA and the EA profession,” said Jeffrey Schneider, EA, CTRS, NAEA Director and Chair of the Awards Committee. “It’s very important to thank them for their time, sacrifices and dedication to our organization and profession. Take it from a previous award winner, it makes all the work worthwhile.”
The winners will be announced during the annual awards ceremony at the 2016 NAEA National Conference, held August 1-3 in Las Vegas. There are eight awards, each based on unique standards.
- The Founders Award recognizes significant contribution and service to NAEA and its members, which exemplify the principles and goals envisioned by NAEA's founders. This lifetime achievement award is the association’s highest recognition.
- The Outstanding Leadership Award recognizes enrolled agents who tirelessly assist at the chapter, affiliate, or national level.
- The Excellence in Education Award recognizes those who demonstrate significant leadership ability and contributions having immediate or long-term impact on the NAEA education program.
- The Excellence in Public Awareness Award recognizes outstanding contributions to making enrolled agents more recognizable as America’s Tax Experts®.
- The Outstanding Supporter of Enrolled Agents Award recognizes non-EA organizations and individuals who make enrolled agent and EA more readily recognized nationally, regionally, or locally as America’s Tax Experts®.
- The Outstanding Volunteer Award recognizes members who tirelessly assist at the chapter, affiliate or national level.
- The Emerging Leader Award recognizes a member who shows strong promise in future NAEA leadership. He or she is actively engaged with NAEA on the state level and has already made an impact.
- The Bill Payne Advocacy Award recognizes a strong commitment to advocacy on behalf of enrolled agents on both the state and national level.
About Enrolled Agents
Enrolled agents (EAs) are America’s tax experts. They are the only federally-licensed tax practitioners that specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS. That means that if you get a letter from the IRS, or worse, are audited or are the target of a collection action, your EA can speak directly to the IRS on your behalf. While attorneys and certified public accountants are also licensed, only enrolled agents specialize exclusively in taxes. Enrolled agents are required to complete many hours of continuing education each year to ensure they are up-to-date on the constantly changing tax code and must abide by a code of ethics.