Want to Get Involved?
NAEA is the only organization solely dedicated to enrolled agents. As such, we are deeply committed to advocating on behalf of EAs on legislative and administrative issues.
NAEA members and staff participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Taking part in various IRS panels, forums, and meetings
- Formally responding to proposed regulations
- Conducting legislative advocacy on Capitol Hill
- Organizing grassroots activities like the association's annual Fly-In Day
- Participating in the political process through NAEA PAC, NAEA's political action committee.
In addition, NAEA is in regular dialogue with IRS to ensure that the tax code is well-administered and reasonably enforced.
Please contact our Government Relations Department to learn more about our advocacy efforts. Currently, our focus is on:
- Return preparer oversight and minimum competency standards for return preparers
- Representation issues such as exam, collection, and appeals
- Tax stability and extenders
- IRS Future State.
NAEA leaders are often called on to testify on all of these issues. You may review excerpts from recent testimony to see what our leaders are saying in these critical forums.
We encourage EAs and taxpayers alike to stay abreast of these important issues and get involved wherever possible. Please contact our office at 202.822.NAEA (6232) or 855.880.6232 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.