NAEA 2020 Leadership Summit - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
As of March 13, the NAEA 2020 Leadership Summit and Congressional Fly-In Day (May 11-15, 2020) at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia, is proceeding as planned. We are continuing to plan confidently for the event and there are currently no plans to postpone or cancel the 2020 Leadership Summit and Congressional Fly-In Day.
The health risk for the American public is emerging and evolving daily and NAEA is continually monitoring this situation and consulting information from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local public health authorities for the best evidence-based information. The health and safety of Leadership Summit and Fly-In Day attendees is of primary importance to us and we are working with our partners in DC to ensure that all appropriate health and safety measures are in place onsite for the summit.
Onsite Plans for the 2020 Leadership Summit and Fly-In Day
- While routine handwashing is the recommended preventative practice, there will be an increased number of hand sanitation sites available at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City, providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer meeting CDC’s guidance for all attendees and staff.
- The Hyatt Regency Crystal City has a disinfectant procedure in place for nightly and daily cleaning during move-in and conference, adhering to the CDC and the WHO guidance.
- We will provide regional hospital system contact information and locations should any onsite medical issues arise.
- All attendees are encouraged to check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices prior to departure. At this time, there are no notices in effect for domestic travel within the United States.
- Access additional preventative measure guidance from the WHO.
- All attendees should check themselves for symptoms of acute respiratory illness before starting travel.
As additional information becomes available, we will provide regular updates on the Leadership Summit website. Should you have any questions, please contact NAEA HQ at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 822-6232.